Thursday, March 20, 2008

Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen

By Captain Adam Hoden

Dear reader(s):

I am afraid that I shall no longer be a regular contributor to our beloved Special Needs Blog. This very morning, I received two e-mails that have changed the course of my life forever.

It appears on this marvelous day that I have become fortune’s hapless bullseye. Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been informed not only that I have won the Portuguese Lottery, but I am also the long-lost Crown Prince of Burkina Faso. I wasn’t even aware that I was African.

Obviously, much of my time, formally occupied helping my honored associates run a “well known” blog, will now be spent learning French and preparing for my coronation. Today, in fact, I will be very busy wiring some good faith money to Portugal and securing transport to Ouagadougou.

I would like to thank my honored, former associates. You have been my colleagues, my friends and, true bastards. Goodbye suckers, I’ll see you in hell!

I’d also like to thank those of you who have read my posts over this wonderful month. You’ve helped keep me out of the opium dens.

So, precious reader(s), I must bid you a fond goodbye. I wish you Godspeed and the best of luck.

Sincerely,

His Royal Majesty (formerly Captain) Adam Hoden

Dictated but not read.

No comments: