Monday, March 3, 2008

Cues to Tune Out

By Captain Adam Hoden

Throughout life you’re going to encounter people who you SHOULD NOT listen to. Salesmen, politicians, elderly relatives, clergymen, and strangers are all going to try to get you to believe things that could be detrimental to your health or well-being. As a public service, The Special Needs Group would like to share with you a list of phrases that, when heard, should be a signal that you should stop listening.


1. I’m a little drunk but…

2. I won’t let no restraining order stand in the way of our love.

3. I was reading about Aleph, and it really got me thinking…

4. When are you going to get a real job?

5. Hello, America, I’m Rush Limbaugh.

6. My pastor always says…

7. You’ve got to start helping me with the baby.

8. No, seriously, Scientology changed my life.

9. Dude, you’ve got to listen, they’re only giving me one phone call...

10. You know what’s wrong with this country? The queers…


Stay tuned for updates.

No comments: